Our Daughter

Little did I realize that it has been so long since I wrote anything here. The sands of time slip away with specks of memory blowing away aimlessly from my mind. So here I am to note down some of the events in the past year and a half least I might forget the details.

Maria is here and she is just unbelievably adorable. Fourteen months old now, she is ruling the roost with everyone at her beck and call. He brother is terrified of her as she approaches only to find that she is there merely to exchange pleasantries  on her way to her mom. Maria's entry to the world was not as dramatic as her brothers as she slipped into her place in the world. Tobey and Maria now seem to consume almost all of our waking time but everyday they both surprise us with something new.

Maria has a vocabulary that includes "what", "no", "ende ammae" and "mine". With these four words she is practically able to negotiate anything and everything that she needs out of us. She has her brother on a short leash too.

Tobey on the other hand is living his "terrible twos" in his "threes". He has had a couple of run ins with his teachers and is not open for negotiation. He however does seem to be open to reason and very carefully listens to me as I reason with him and then does exactly what he wants. But the mere attention that he gives me while I talk gives me hope for future parenting.

Ann and I will muddle through this time of super parenting trying to figure out what best works for us and one day we will come out of this tunnel and look back at it in amazement, I am sure.

Just so that I put a random stake in the sands of time.... my current interest is country music, which I am sure will soon fade away, but just so that I remember my favorite song at this time in my life.. here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lZefsii1K0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragility of social order

Mathematics and I

Stringing the chords