Ride of a life time

The offer was irresistible. It was an opportunity to be part of building something from the ground up. It was something I had always wondered about. The chance to shape the future of my career with people I knew and respected. People who knew my strengths and weaknesses. People who knew my career dreams and aspirations. It didn’t take me a moment to say "YES".

It has been a tumultuous two year ride. Things did not turn out the way I thought they would. There have been the highs and then there have been the lows. There have been grand successes and colossal failures. There have been achievements and disappointments. There have been agreements and disagreements.

Today I depart on a sad note. The disappointment of my personal failure is strong and hard. I wish things had turned out differently. I wish I was more experienced to see the issues coming. I wish I was more apt at understanding the problems and addressing them. But what I do not wish is that I was not part of this.

I love the fact that I had box seats to this show. I love the fact that I experienced the pains of building something. I love the fact that I was part of something very few people get to be part of. Now it is time to look ahead. It is time to evaluate my future based on the experience I have gathered and plan ahead for a brighter day.

Cheers friends!! It was a ride worth being on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Brother...

Cheer up. take every step in your life as a learning and you will never feel bad about it. i too will be writing a similar message soon :-) . and its 8 years of connection with GE/Gecis, compared to yours 2. All the best for your next step in life.
cheers. abel.
AMF said…
Hey, no regrets come what may... that's the spirit. We all need to move on. The minute you stagnate you are meant to bee out of there. With your temprament you will do well any where. Go for it!
AMF said…
Hey, you've been MIA for tooooooo long. I know with uncle and aunty around you probably dont have time!

Popular posts from this blog

Mathematics and I

Fragility of social order

To you my brother